Old 06-10-2007, 06:01 AM posted to aus.gardens
cp cp is offline

Default Love the lack of water dont you?

On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 11:55:44 +1000, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given
wrote:

"jh" wrote in message news:470675a2.392796@news-server...

From what I have observed is that WA is the ONLY state in Australia
that has planned ahead uears ago. We have desalination plants and our
dams are now at 43% after the winter rains.

Is that an across the State figure or just the figure for Perth?

Its on the nightly 6pm news where they show the figure of Perth water.
One of the dams overflowed which was criminal. They can pump that
excess water to other dams but it looks good for them to show a dam
over flowing

If you want to know some of the figures for the Eastern States then you can
check them out here. You might find that Perths water storage is not
brilliant by comparison.
http://www.sca.nsw.gov.au/ Sydney is at 58%
http://waterinfo.nsw.gov.au/sr/StorageSummary.html Country NSW - some
storage is non existent or dire but some is OK
http://www.melbournewater.com.au/con...s.asp?bhcp=1#1
Melbourne is 40%
http://www.seqwater.com.au/content/s...AndMaintenance
SEQ is 21%

The same is happening with our power schemes. They haven't planned or
built anything to expand, which was what usually happened when the
Government used to run the show. instead any profits are swallowed up by
so called investors who brought the infrastructure for a song.
Why do we keep selling out to organisations like this?

To pay off ALP debt

The only other way is to raise taxes which no one likes.

No it's not. One of the ways that we could have improved services right
across the board is if the current Goverment actually decided to DO
something with the huge surplus it is sitting on.

States run the power grid, water, etc...

And the really disturbing thing about this surplus is that most Australians
are too tied to one political party to use their heads and actually think.

Pot kettle black. When are you going to understand that the federal
government has nothing to do with the power, water and hospitals in
each state of Australia. These are all run or sold by state
governments. Both Lib and ALP when in power have had to sell off
assets to pay for infrastructure.

You can only save so much. Rudd is going to have more waste with too
many departments which isn't going to be cheap. He's not said how he's
going to pay for it all. Meanwhile the Lib state leader here is a fool
and carpenter our state premier has ministers that have been caught up
in the corruption scandles.

The surplus the Government is currently sitting on came about as a direct
result of all the economic reforms put in place under the governments of
Hawke and Keating. There is actually no evidence that the Howard government

You are kidding right. They left the country in a real mess. Debt
levels were so high that its only now they've been paid off.

are "good economic managers". They just keep repeating that line and
Australian voters are stupid enough to believe it. Hawke and Keating and
the current minerals boom should be thanked by Australians for our current
economic "good fortune". I too could be a "good economic manager" if I
didn't buy food or fuel or anything else. My bank account would be huge but
I'd look like a concentration camp survivor, freeze in winter, go nowhere,
see no-one and I'd want to slash my wrists.

You've just lost the plot here and the debate with your rantings.
Kill filed!