Old 06-10-2007, 06:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
Larry Snyder Larry Snyder is offline

Default Green house question

Hi All. Winter is coming and I am considering building a green house.
I would like to pick the best material besides glass to use. I have trouble
keeping glass in my house (kids), a green house stands no chance. Looking
through Home Depot, there is polypropylene, vinyl, polycarbonate,
fiberglass,
and acrylic. Glass has the property of admitting near ir to uv and trapping
long wave ir. It would be nice if some of the plastics would do something
similar. Does anyone have information on the optical properties.
Thanks in advance. Larry