Old 06-10-2007, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Wormeries - are they worth having?

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article . com,
Des Higgins writes:

| I agree with this; battery hens and chickens are a real issue that
| real action could be taken on whereas the foie gras thing is almost
| laughably silly. I last tasted it nearly 10 years ago (in France).
| Here in Ireland, some county councils passed motions banning nuclear
| weapons. Such lofty pronouncements are lazy and involve zero hardship
| on the man in the street. Not eatng chicken or only eating free range
| chicken involves people having to pay more or do something.

Do something, yes, but I doubt that the price difference between the
current state and stopping the worst abuses would be noticeable.
But the mass producers (yes, you, Bernard) and supermarkets would
scream.

So?

Mary