Old 06-10-2007, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mogga Mogga is offline

Default Wormeries - are they worth having?

On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 07:08:57 -0700, Des Higgins
wrote:

I agree with this; battery hens and chickens are a real issue that
real action could be taken on whereas the foie gras thing is almost
laughably silly. I last tasted it nearly 10 years ago (in France).
Here in Ireland, some county councils passed motions banning nuclear
weapons. Such lofty pronouncements are lazy and involve zero hardship
on the man in the street. Not eatng chicken or only eating free range
chicken involves people having to pay more or do something.

And it's the same as councils who decide to buy only fair trade tea
and coffee but neglect the fact the milk they serve with it is from
explouted british farmers (or worse it's imported)

I have emailed fairtrade about "fair" milk and they said something
about the UK having a benefits system and as such doesn't need support
for farmers.
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free