Old 04-04-2003, 03:44 AM
CaringIsTheFirstStep

Default deer in my garden

An easy solution might help, depending on how large your garden is.

I was having a lot of bites an hoof-marks in my 15' x 25' garden.

Then I put up poles around the perimeter, and strung white cord around it,
leaving as much as 9 inches between each winding-around. They go up about 3
feet high... and since I've had no bites or any hoof-marks.

the strings also don't block much sunlight at all, and are pretty darn
inexpensive.

my belief is that the deer don't think they have enough space to run and
jump in, because of the height of the fence and the small-size of the garden
in which to land

voles/moles are my next issue, hopefully done by relocating them

jon
PA zone 6b

"Wayne" wrote in message
i have tried everything! now, i am ready to put up an electric fence
to keep them out. any advice would be greatly appreciated. how high
does an electric fence need to be? 4 feet? 6 feet? 8 feet? and
how far apart do the strands of wire need to be? 6"? 12"?

thanks in advance.

wayne