Old 07-10-2007, 02:02 AM posted to aus.gardens
David Hare-Scott David Hare-Scott is offline

Default Gardens vs dogs

"Staycalm" wrote in message
If I only have a little dog (not a high jumping type of dog), how high
should I make it? Can I make it low enough to step over or should I just
incorporate some sort of gate?

Liz

I suggested a fence as a way to keep a naughty untrained puppy out while
you work on training. Some dogs can jump well and some can't very well,
size is not the only consideration. Some who can jump well do it and others
don't. Then there is the possibility of digging.

Getting down to details depends on the breed of dog, the temper of the
individual, how well and quickly you can train it, if it is left on its own
to get bored etc. I am guessing you need more information before you get
this dog and usenet may not be the best place to get it. Why not take this
up with the breeder or the local club for the breed.

David