Old 07-10-2007, 07:10 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default the wind - my garden

"0tterbot" wrote in message

massive whinge alert!!!!! g

Shit Otter! Don't get me started on the bloody wind or I will out whinge
you for weeks!

at what point would everyone become tired of us?

we've had horrendous winds for nearly two weeks.

Is that all? Jeeze woman, the dog kennels have been about a hundred feet
in the air with the poor dogs hanging at the ends of their chains as the
tail of the kite!

heh, it's like that :-)

(Well that is a slight exaggeration, but not much).

i'm just about to lose my
mind outright - i'm near homicidal (along with half the town).

I've been telling my husband about how the suicide rate goes up when the
Mistral and the Sirocco blow and since he's just about tearing out his
hair because of what the wind is doing to our pastures, he could figure
out why that happens.

it's generally accepted that vincent van gogh's most notable total breakdown
(which led to him cutting his ear & sending it to a prostitute) was because
of the wind at arles!!! i can understand that. (although i don't know that
i'll be sending any of my body parts to ladies of teh night...)

snip Top Tips

thanks for that! i'm going to get some rice hull mulch too, i think! (it
would solve one of my recurring problems - how to mulch tiny things, that
is.)

Sodding winds.
Sodding cold.

preach it, sister!!!!!!!!!11