Old 07-10-2007, 07:24 AM posted to aus.gardens
George.com George.com is offline

Default Gardens vs dogs

"0tterbot" wrote in message
"Staycalm" wrote in message
u...
I have a lovely established veggie garden in the back yard. I am planning
to get a puppy or young dog (small breed) in the next 4 months or so.
Should I plan to fence off the veggie garden in some way?
What can I use that's not too costly but will protect the patch?
Liz

ime some dogs go everywhere, and others will only go where it looks

"empty"
(as it were). my dog doesn't go on garden beds with things in them. mind
you, he is largish, so he's not as likely to go romping through the
undergrowth (or veg) anyway.

my mutts keep my vege garden free of cat poop or any other odorous compost,
a very useful service on their part they assume until they try to lick me.

rob