Old 07-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Zarch Zarch is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarch View Post
Emery,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a detailed reply. I will get upto the garden centre and see what they have.

Many thanks

Mick

Emery,

I've been round 3 garden centres this morning and have been slightly disappointed with the selection of Acers available. Maybe its just the time of year?

Three types took my eye though.

Firstly, Orange Dream, it is possible to get quite an established plant for around 30 pounds. THe do seem very much similar to sango kaku that i had previously, with the small petite looking leaves.

Secondly, the Shin Deshojo, which was very striking red, but only smaller plants were available for 18 pounds.

And finally i saw a Osakazuki. And for 28 pounds i can get the following plant. (see pic). It looks very well established and have a very nice wide spread to it (whereas the orange dreams seem very tall and compact).

Is there any good and bad points you can tell me about the Orange Dream or Osakazuki? On the info label for the Osakazuki it says it doesn't appreciate pruning, is it just a case of letting it develop how it pleases?

if there is nothing to be to concerned about, i think might go back and get the plant in the picture, because it did look particularly grand!

http:\\zarch.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk\acer.jpg

Many thanks again

Mick