Old 07-10-2007, 02:54 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
[email protected] bigjcw1023@gmail.com is offline

Default Lowes - Troybilt

On Oct 6, 1:35 pm, willshak wrote:
on 10/6/2007 12:07 AM Srgnt Billko said the following:

"willshak" wrote in message

on 10/5/2007 7:59 PM Srgnt Billko said the following:

"willshak" wrote in message

on 10/5/2007 5:53 PM Steveo said the following:

"Srgnt Billko" wrote:

"Steveo" wrote in message
. ..

wrote:

OOOPPS. I also forgot to mention that they are all metal. The
hood

on higher priced john deere and such have plastic hoods. Go figure,
pay less for better construction!

I'd take a fiberglass mowing deck over a steel unit, no corrosion.

I've never seen a fiberglass mowing deck - but I don't think that is
what
he is refering to. I think he meant steel vs fiberglass HOOD.

I know THAT, I'm just saying plastic is not always inferior to steel as
construction material.

You've never seen one because it would last too long.

Nice try at saving face, but no cigar.
Bill

Not that it makes much difference - but I don't think he means
"fiberglass". I think he means one of the stronger plastics. There are
some pretty strong but they won't resist fatigue like steel will.

The OP was not talking about a mower deck. He was talking about a tractor
hood (bonnet). I suppose fiberglass would make nice fenders too, but that
doesn't address the plastic hood costing more than a metal hood.

Bill

I disagree. The OP was specifically talking about the mower deck - and
mentioned nothing about cost. But I was not responding to the OP.

I was responding to the OPs message, but not his original message.
His addendum to his original message was:

"OOOPPS. I also forgot to mention that they are all metal. The hood
on higher priced john deere and such have plastic hoods. Go figure,
pay less for better construction!"

Nuff said on my part.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Fiberglass breakse and shatters, not steel!