Old 07-10-2007, 11:06 AM posted to aus.gardens
cp cp is offline

Default Gardens vs dogs

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 11:06:32 +1000, "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:

"cp" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 15:54:03 +1000, "Staycalm"
wrote:

I have a lovely established veggie garden in the back yard. I am planning

get a puppy or young dog (small breed) in the next 4 months or so.
Should I plan to fence off the veggie garden in some way?
What can I use that's not too costly but will protect the patch?
Liz

Place plastic see through water bottles around the garden. This stops
them from ****ing and pooing all over the garden.

Urban myth

Not at all. Have two dogs and they keep clear of the garden.
The neighbours dogs don't **** in the garden either.

The reason why they don't **** around where their is a bottle of water
is that the dog does not want to possibly pollute its drinking water
supply.