Old 07-10-2007, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Wormeries - are they worth having?

In article ,
Sacha writes:

| Practice, Alan. ;-) Sorry, but I really don't believe anyone who claims
| they never waste any food, I'm afraid. This is turning into a competition
| for title of "most religious recycler"!

Well, yes, but a lot of us compost everything because it is EASIER.
Heave it on and let it rot :-(

Another advantage is that it reduces the smell and mess in the
non-recyclable rubbish.

But, as many people have pointed out, that applies to a traditional
heap only - you have to be a bit selective with wormeries. But they
do have other advantages.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.