Old 07-10-2007, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins Des Higgins is offline

Default Wormeries - are they worth having?

On Oct 6, 8:24 pm, Mogga wrote:
On 6 Oct 2007 18:56:02 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

In article ,
"Alan Holmes" writes:
| "Mary Fisher" wrote in message
.net...
| "Des Higgins" wrote in message
|
| ... The wormery was
| for small volumes of kitchen waste (rice, fois gras, caviar past best
| by date etc.). ...
|
| How on Earth do you have such leftovers? We never had food leftovers here
| but I wouldn't put them on the garden compost heap even if we did.
|
| Me too!

Why on earth not? I do. And I have difficulty in believing that you
NEVER forget anything in the fridge, decide that food is too horrible
to eat, or have nothing left over for any of the other common reasons.

Maybe they have a dog?
Or a bird table?
Or at a push a cat who likes chips?
--http://www.orderonlinepickupinstore.co.uk
Ah fetch it yourself if you can't wait for deliveryhttp://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free- Hide quoted text -

We used to use a bird table but these days all that happens is the
neighbourhood magpies get everything and/or our cat gets lots of bird
catching practice. We have no dog or chickens or goat or pigs or
sheep or cattle or aardvarks either.