Old 04-04-2003, 04:08 AM
Allegra

Default For Cass, the perfect holder

"Allegra" told Cass

Did I tell you that Robin is holding a baby Nigresse
for me? When we go visiting her in Tacoma it will be waiting, and if
you are interested I will save a couple of cuttings next Spring to send
down. I have been looking for that rose for a real long time. I had it
many a moon ago and I loved it.

I still do.

Allegra

BH just reminded me that in this country my Nigresse is called Nigrette.
The papa was Lord Castlebaugh and the mama Château de Clos Vougeot.
I have always known her as either the Black Rose of Sengerhausen or
Nigresse. I will always call her Nigresse. But I didn't want you to be confused
by my familial pet names to roses ;) Here is a photo from Robin.

Allegra

http://www.theoldrosarian.org/photos/Nigresse.jpg