Old 07-10-2007, 11:13 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Pawel Slusarz Pawel Slusarz is offline

Default please identify this weed

Hello,

I live in mid-Missouri. I have had this weed on one side of my front
lawn since I moved in a couple of years back, and used to just pull them
out once every couple of weeks. Finally I got tired, and decided to pull
it out with the roots. I dug up around one of the sprouts a bit, and
"the roots" are over an inch thick and cross my lawn in several
directions. They almost look like they come from a tree, except there's
no like tree anywhere nearby. Here are some photos:

http://gvshoot.com/html/modules/xcga.../weeds_001.jpg
http://gvshoot.com/html/modules/xcga.../weeds_003.jpg
http://gvshoot.com/html/modules/xcga.../weeds_005.jpg

I'd like to find out what plant it is, and how to best get rid of it.

Thanks,
Paul