Old 08-10-2007, 02:24 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default Push button starter

I have 2 old Farmall tractors (actually 4 but two in particular) - one is
not running. The other has a starter problem. I want to take the starter
out of the 1st and put it in the 2nd. Trouble is the one I want to replace
is mechanical lever energized and the one I want to put in was started by
push button which was wired direct - battery to switch, switch to starter.
I bought a new heavy duty push button ($17 at NAPA) and was planning to make
a mount for it. But now I'm thinking instead of running battery cables to
and from the switch, I should be thinking about installing a starter
solenoid - but it would have to be real heavy duty cause these are 6 volt
tractors. Any thoughts ?