Old 07-10-2007, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JakeD[_2_] JakeD[_2_] is offline

Default Wormeries - are they worth having?

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 09:41:44 +0100, Sally Thompson
wrote:

You will find the sliding doors at the base a total waste of time.

Yes. I came to the same conclusion as I was looking at the goods in
the shop. I decided not to buy. I concluded that an ordinary upturned
dustbin would be just as suitable, if not actually better.

I plan to get some hens soon and they will be
introduced to the veg patch at a very early stage!

Sounds like a wonderful idea. I would like to do the same.. perhaps
one day when I have my own land.

As an aside, I have found that things we grow in our own compost do far far
better than those in the shop-bought stuff - so go for it.

Thanks. Will do!

JD