Old 08-10-2007, 02:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default lawn winterize

"Dave" wrote in message

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..
To winterize or not to winterize lawn

"Winterize your lawn", the big sign outside the garden store commanded.
I've fed it, watered it, mowed it, raked it and watched a lot of it die
away. Now I'm supposed to winterize it? I hope it's too late. Grass lawns
have to be the stupidest thing we've come up with outside of a thong
swimsuits! We constantly battle dandelions, Queen's lace, thistle,
violets, chicory and clover that thrive naturally, so we can grow grass
that must be nursed through an annual four-step chemical dependency.

Don't know who "we" is. Believe the lawn concept was borrowed from
England. England population in general copied that from its royalty as
matter of appearances, mostly superficial. That still hasn't changed.
Dave

Right, and we continually try and get the stuff to grow and stay green in
situations where it simply can't do that without ridiculous levels of life
support.