Old 08-10-2007, 02:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default How to use a daisy grubber ?

, I, Marvo, say :

Right, nasty daisy's all over my lawn, I've bought a daisy grubber
but I've no idea how on earth to use one and can't find anything on
the internet that helps either.

I understand that they have a tap root so that you should be able to
get them out in one go but how are you supposed to use the grubber to
get it out ?.

Help

According to Spear and Jackson, you "slip the forked head around taproots
and use the handle to pull or lever those ferocious weeds out of the
ground".

According to me, you would just break them off. Daisies aren't that strong,
are they?

I just mow them, or show the kids how to make a daisy chain and then let
them have it away with the lot for me.