Old 08-10-2007, 11:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] shareyourknowledge@hotmail.com is offline

Default How much triple super phosphate should i apply around established fruit trees?

I have some triple super phosphate i want to use around my
established fruit trees to help them harden off for the winter. There
aren't any application rates mentioned on the bag so i don't know how
much to use. Most fertilizer app. rates are calculated by using x
amount based on the diameter of the trunk measured about 2 feet above
the soil line,but not sure if this also applies to triple super
phosphate. I live in Southern Calif. where soils are on the alkaline
side. How much can i use w/o over doing it? Thanks.