Old 08-10-2007, 11:48 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default Push button starter

"Mel M Kelly" wrote in message
If that switch you got looks like a old dimmer switch in older cars you
don't need a solenode wire it direct and it should work. It should have
large lugs on it for battery cable, if so wire it direct.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

It is like the old dimmer switch but as I wrote in my original post:

"But now I'm thinking instead of running battery cables to
and from the switch, I should be thinking about installing a starter
solenoid - but it would have to be real heavy duty cause these are 6 volt
tractors. "

It's 3' from the starter to where the switch will have to mount and another
2' from the switch to the battery. That's a lot of battery cable - and
since all the newer stuff uses solenoids, it seems like it should be a
consideration when changing thngs around.