Old 09-10-2007, 05:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Default The Lie of the "Green Revolution"

Not all science needs to be applied. There are always consequences to progress, the
ying and the yang. The point is to spend at least some time pondering the
consequences and not letting the "appliers" make all the decisions. There are great
needs for biotechnology, for recombinant blood products free of blood borne diseases
for example. But we let Monsanto et all decide what to do with the science instead.
For the really smart there are always work arounds that can work, it may not put the
most money into corporations pockets, but it is sustainable. And we have no long
term view in the US, unlike in other countries. Ingrid

Ah, too bad that we can't become subsistence farmers again. Life was
truly better then. Damn science!