Old 09-10-2007, 04:01 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.lawn.garden,misc.rural
[email protected] do_see@do.com is offline

Default lawn winterize

Neon John wrote:
On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 22:17:56 GMT, wrote:

Harry K wrote:
On Oct 7, 5:36 am, Jim wrote:
symplastless wrote:

To winterize or not to winterize lawn
snip
this is precious, simply precious

Yeah. I have seen that several times over the years and there is so
much truth to it. I see that the annual 'what to use to bag leaves'
threads have started over alt.home.repair. Even after they have been
told the simple way is to mow/mulch em, they still go on about buying
fancy equipment to vacuum them up.

Harry K

What do you do when there is a 3 foot layer of leaves?

Blow 'em up into a big pile. Jump and play in the pile, recalling one's youth. Then
set 'em afire and enjoy the warmth and the lovely odor. Burning leaves are one of my
favorite smells, a warm reminder that fall is here at last.

John
--
John De Armond
http://www.neon-john.com

Can't stand the smell of burning leaves.
Tree hugger don'tcha know.