Old 09-10-2007, 08:17 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default the wind - my garden

"Terryc" wrote in message

we tend to move it from one plot to the next by either;

1) pulling out the whole plant flowers have dies and large paper bagging
it, then scattering the seeds 7 stuff when appropriate, or

2) pulling the plant when most of the flowers have died and jst dropping
on top of the mulch in the new plot.

i am too disorganised to actually _collect_ the seed

See method above. It is just storing the large paper shoppng bags, etc.
The major problem about "collecting" you own seeds was all the dust that
blew back in my face when I tried to blow off the husks, etc. Hence the
above method.

aha!!

(except coriander, of course) but as i've now got rocket, dill, parsley
just going wild,

YES, we seem to finally (cross fingers) maintain parsley by self-seeding.
For years we strugged to keep parsley growing. No,it looks after itself. I
had to alter the spud planting plans today as I noticed that two parsley
had added themselves to the corrander row.

i truly think there's probably no other good way to do it. parsley is such a
struggle - yet left to do it on their own they make hundreds more. i am
trying to learn when to just leave things alone, quite frankly. will try
directing the self-seeding location a little in future, i think, & see how
that goes.
kylie

i salute your patience, terry. i have none at all, due to the wind. :-/

Well, when your the shovel man, it is easy to have patience.
we have plenty of space as well.
Now, if it was a wet year, it might be a different matter.