Old 09-10-2007, 07:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
nonews nonews is offline

Default Finally - a good morning glory photo! - best-mg.jpg

After extensive research I have discovered what the red flower is not.
Perhaps Bouvardia ternifolia is close but the foliage varies amongst the
Google Images.
I also considered Zauscheria, Hamelia patens, Manettia and some Salvias.
Is your plant hardy in 6a or do you take it in for the winter?
Does it climb as a vine or are we looking at an upright growing plant?
What I grew was about 30 inches tall in zone 7a, heat zone 8.
There is a slight possibility it may still be in my garden amongst the
weeds. I will check in the morning.

"Ann" wrote in message
I am, compared to many of you, the worst photographer in the world G
Every once in awhile I get lucky. Morning Glories are so hard to
photograph, but I think this one catches the blue just right.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts