Old 09-10-2007, 02:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dave Dave is offline

Default Hot Here in NE USA

"William Wagner" wrote in message

Just read a weather guy who wrote this hot dry spell may cause more
damage than a hurricane. I look about my place and notice no color on
treesıs just a sort of malaise. Been watering by hand on things that
get my attention.
My small home made pond has been needing water more often. But and
here is a something I've not seen before. I have two possums coming to
the pond in daylight. One got caught in my leaf protection fiber
fence. I freed him and with out a snarl he wandered away like drunken
animal.
I was thinking Rabid as I have never seen a possum here before 8o PM.
Must be tough on our wildlife!

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Observation on climatology. Cold fronts now and then generally go from
north to south. The cold fronts used to be center of USA or slightly off
center to the east when I was growing up watching the weather on TV. Now,
they seem to have gone westward.

The whitetail deer in the last drought here were so skinny due to lack of
food. Ribs showing etc. A couple of native live oaks were killed, by what,
I do not know. The buzzards like to hang out on them sometimes. The
drought was 3 years long. The recovery this year has been spectacular.
Can't see any long term damage other than possibly those 2 live oaks. Hope
this will be the case for your region of the country in the future.
Dave