Old 09-10-2007, 11:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Can I design something that will be useful while gardening?

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:

| I MAKE wax tablets - and the styli.

Interesting. What's the market for them?

Museums (for education, handling boxes etc.), Roman to C15th re-enactors,
reconstructed period houses and anyone just curious. It's not a mass market
:-)

And can you read and write
cuneiform?

You don't need to, in Britain cursive script was always used.

| A couple of years ago we made some for a top computer 'expert' who
later
| attended a US computer convention and caused astonishment and more
interest
| than the speaker when everyone else in the audience opened their lap
tops
| and he pulled out his codex of tabulae :-)

I like that :-)

So did we. So did the customer :-)

Mary