Old 09-10-2007, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins Des Higgins is offline

Default Can I design something that will be useful while gardening?

On Oct 9, 9:29 am, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:
In article ,"JennyC" writes:

| "CWatters" wrote
|
| I never did get a Fortran prgram to run, but I did once enter a very brief
| program into a 16 bit GEC computer using the instruction keys on the front
| panel.
|
| I know someone who used to hard wire programs with soldering
| iron............

I know several, but am a bit young to have done that myself. I have
written a program using jack plugs (on an analogue computer).

I like the references to Fortran! I am currently revising a
course to teach Fortran to (graduate) students. Anyone who
needs help with that sort of thing is welcome to contact me :-)

this is from memory and is not accurate but have not written Fortran
since 1993:

IF(HELPFLAG.EQ.1) THEN
GOTO 10
ELSE