Old 04-04-2003, 06:20 AM
jammer

Default The first toad. BOO HOO!!!!!!!

On Fri, 04 Apr 2003 04:03:18 GMT, (Roger
Grady) wrote:

Don't need no stinkin' CD here. :-) Just build the pond and they will
come. First toad appeared Mon. or Tues. - there was 4 of them last
night. I haven't been out to count tonight but it's pretty noisy out
there. It's fascinating how focused they are on their calling. I've
poked their throat sac, patted their back, they just keep going.
Should be a bumper crop of "toadpoles" this year.

Well, I saw the first one in the yard Tuesday. I was excited for him
to see his new pond so i went over and got him. (New ponder-wanted one
for toads, remember?) I dropped him in the pond and he sank like a
rock. Oh crap! He isnt awake or something! I grabbed the net and
fished him out. He sat there for several minutes before making a
beeline for the space in the fence. Ok, so i already told that story.
ell, yesterday i saw another one. I didnt touch him. I was misting the
pond area and he came over to greet the spray. Then he sat by the pond
eating bugs until after dark. I keep listening for calls, but i don't
hear any. I left the space in the fence uncovered.