Old 09-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Crabapple Crabapple is offline
Registered User

Default Crabapple setbacks

Last Autumn I bought two crab apple trees (Evereste and White Star) which were potted and in full fruit.

They were planted correctly in their supposedly favourite clay soil, but this year the Evereste has one apple, and the White Star about 20.

Both trees appear to have established and are in no danger of dying.

They came from a reputable East of Scotland grower, but I can't help feeling that they must have been forced to have been so laden with apples in a 10-inch pot.

Or have I done something wrong? I am a beginner with crab apples, so any help at all would be very welcome.