Old 09-10-2007, 10:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Hot Here in NE USA

On 10/9/07 9:05 AM, in article
, "raeannsimpson"
wrote:

On Oct 9, 6:38 am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 10/8/07 8:01 PM, in article ,

"Ann" wrote:
William Wagner expounded:

Just read a weather guy who wrote this hot dry spell may cause more
damage than a hurricane. I look about my place and notice no color on
treesıs just a sort of malaise. Been watering by hand on things that
get my attention.
My small home made pond has been needing water more often. But and
here is a something I've not seen before. I have two possums coming to
the pond in daylight. One got caught in my leaf protection fiber
fence. I freed him and with out a snarl he wandered away like drunken
animal.
I was thinking Rabid as I have never seen a possum here before 8o PM.
Must be tough on our wildlife!

It was in the high 80's last week with high humidity, just nasty for
October. It finally rained early this morning, for the first time in
weeks, my weather station registered .65". We need so much more! A
huge catalpa tree down the street is all wilted, I've never seen
anything like it.

I thought I was going to drown getting out of the rink Saturday night. The
puddles were ankle deep and on 93, the nuts were hydroplaning by me at
stupid speeds.

I'd better go check the stuff I just moved and make sure they didn't lose
all their soil.

Cheryl- Hide quoted text -

We finally had rain here also....just not where we wanted it!
The shower mixer/distributor "rained" in my wall about a week ago, and
of course it ran down onto the carpet & under the vinyl...ugh!!!

We did have a bit of the other "rain" on Saturday night also...

Oh no!

Cheryl