Old 10-10-2007, 02:42 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Why wash fertilizer off the grass?

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 16:39:45 -0400, "Academia"
wrote:

Why do I have to wash off the non-weed killer fertilizer if it is the same
as the weed killer fertilizer that is allowed to stay on wet leaves.

Forget about the weed killer. It's the fertilizer that I'm wondering about.

No one answered the question I asked except you. You say they are the same.
If they are it seems to me that no harm will come if I don't wash it off.

Thanks

It may or may not harm the grass. Most fertilizers today are
slow-release and coated so it doesn't matter. However, if you apply
fertilizer during a draught situation to young grass it may burn it.
If you can, it is best to apply fertilizer when there is a good chance
of rain in the forecast. Easier on the roots too.