Old 09-10-2007, 11:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kroma Kroma is offline

Default Lawn care

Hi,

Back in August when it was still wet, I sowed lawn seed in my front garden,
covered the lot in 'fleece' and watered daily (if required).

After about 10 days, I replaced the 'fleece' with a netting (the fleece and
netting was to prevent birds eating the seeds and foxes digging/doing their
business).

After a short holiday, I returned to find the grass quite long (almost like
a deep green luxury pile carpet) - I mowed it with the mower on its highest
setting.

A week later, it was getting a bit untidy so I mowed it at the next height
setting down.

Since then (about a month) it seems to be growing in patches - some patches
are much longer than others whilst others seem to remain quite short. The
shorter areas are also showing a bit of yellowing.

From a distance it still looks very nice but close up I am worried. Perhaps
the second cut was a bit too short/close?

Any ideas of how to get the whole lawn growing at the same speed and how to
stop the yellowing?

Thanks in advance,

Kroma