Old 10-10-2007, 05:04 AM posted to rec.gardens
Scott Hildenbrand Scott Hildenbrand is offline

Default Leaf Mold, Do Tell..

Charlie wrote:
On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 22:29:29 -0500, Scott Hildenbrand
wrote:

Charlie wrote:
On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 22:14:45 -0500, Scott Hildenbrand
wrote:

Minus the black walnut which I can't use for anything. :|
Banana Nut Bread.

Black Walnut meats are the best for it.

Care
Charlie

Nut the nuts.. The leaves and shells.. I can't use THEM for anything
since they have a herbicide property.. Would end up with the mulch of
death for my lilies.. 8'o

I know.....the damn things are hell on garden areas as well. The
hulls are a staining nightmare on everything. Isn't it great when the
squirrels start in on them and drop hull pieces on your vehicle and
stain the hell out of the finish?

Most people don't care for the nuts either.

Charlie

Haven't had the pleasure of that yet since we just moved in.. However it
reminds me of when I was living in PA. Had black berries growing wild as
well as a huge mulberry tree.. Needless to say when they were ripe, they
poop purple...

Odd color to smear across your window with the wiper blades..

So how do you hull your nuts? I'd heard of people using old corn hullers
on them..