Old 04-04-2003, 07:56 AM
zxcvbob

Default leggy seedlings

zhanataya wrote:

I was just making a comparison as to what leggy looks like. As for
planting I haven't had such good luck with planting deep. I make a
trench and lay them on their side, bury it all except the top couple
inches. I could have had the deeper soil too wet though.

zhan

My tomatoes are always leggy by the time I set them out. By the time
the danger of frost is over, the ground is warm. I set the tomato
plants in deep holes -- post holes; and I do not remove the lower
leaves, I just bury them. The plants take off with rapid sturdy growth
in just a couple of days. If your ground is still cool or wet, a trench
is probably better, but I would not remove the lower leaves.

Best regards,
Bob