Old 10-10-2007, 06:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Omelet[_2_] Omelet[_2_] is offline

Default Digital editing (was Asiatic Lily) - LSHaansCreekTrail.jpg (1/1)

In article ,
"Jim Carlock" wrote:

Anyways, PhotoDraw provides some great tools for erasing colors.
I typically select a square drawing tool and highlight large
areas, making sure the fill all gets a white or black or perhaps
some other fill if needed. Then I can do a 'local erase' meaning
it does not erase ALL of that color, but only contiguous areas of
that color. So it works well, but it's not perfect. In fact, it
can be a slight pain at times, as you mention.

I probably should go to work for a software store to learn once
again about all the software that's available.

What software did you say you used? I've tried the GIMP software
and it does have some interesting things, but it seems to lack
quality erasure tools, smudging brushes. And everytime I try to
use it it doesn't work any longer. A royal pain that requires
re-installing. Go figure.

--
Jim Carlock

I drive a Mac and use Adobe Photoshop CS. It's a fairly recent updated
program and I've also added a couple of sets of "aftermarket" special
effects software filters, one from "Alien skin" and another set from
"Plugin Galaxy" for it that have been a lot of fun for digital
"painting" and photo tweaking.

Adobe CS by itself has excellent erasing tools as well as the "cloning"
tool (that I use a LOT) for patching flaws. If needed, you can zoom in
and erase on a pixel to pixel basis after transferring the pic onto a
"transparent" background that is then stored as a pdf file. Handiest for
importing subjects and using some of the better special effects filters
such as adding smoke, flame and shadows.

It's a very complex program and even after over 10 years of using it, I
still don't know all it's ins, outs and complexities. :-)

Careful use of the smudge tool is handy after using the cloning tool.
I've made patches that you cannot even hardly tell. Here is a good
example of a lovely pic a friend sent me. Originally, there was a human
buddy of his standing right in the middle of it. You cannot really tell
that it's been clone erased except for one fern plant that is obviously
cloned. I'll fix it later. g
--
Peace, Om

Remove both _ (underscores) to validate gmail e-mails.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein

Attached Thumbnails
Asiatic Lily-lshaanscreektrail.jpg