Old 10-10-2007, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kroma Kroma is offline

Default Lawn care

The house is about 20 years old and I believe that the first owner had lawn
here. The second owner replaced it with tiny stones (which seemed to attract
the local cats). We got rid of the stones, dug over the underlying soil,
added more soil and finally seeded it.

I don't think that drainage is a problem and it shouldn't be particularly
compacted - in fact when mowing, the soil felt rather spongy.

I do have some soluble lawn feed - would it possibly help or is the lawn
likely to be too young for this?

Thanks,

Kroma

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 10/10/07 17:53, in article
, "adder1969"
wrote:

On Oct 10, 12:31 am, "Emrys Davies" wrote:

I think that you will find that the difference in grass texture is due
to the soil conditions. Do the yellow patches suffer from poor
drainage, soil compaction or both?

My lawn has pretty much all the same conditions as the soil was
"new". It has patches and I think it's because of the grubs.

Is the lawn new because it's a new build house? Builders or renovators
could have left bricks, cement etc. lying around in odd corners and then
just covered them with topsoil.