Old 11-10-2007, 03:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
David Hare-Scott David Hare-Scott is offline

Default Strawberry glut

"doofy" wrote in message
David Hare-Scott wrote:
I have just picked about 2kg (6lb) of strawberrys and more will be ready
next week. Other than jam how can I preserve them or keep them in a

usable
form? Is there some sort of frozen dessert or sauce that uses up lots?

I am not sending them anywhere so don't bother asking.

David

What about dehydrating?

I haven't tried it on strawbs and I don't have a functioning dehydrator
right now. What would they be like? How would I use them?

David