Old 11-10-2007, 05:44 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
a_plutonium a_plutonium is offline

Default Potatoes probably the Ancestral stock of tomatoes potato plants do well in Spring and Fall but not in summer

monique wrote:
Potatoes originated in Southern Chile. The exact native range of the
original, undomesticated tomato has not been precisely determined, but
it was Mexico, Central America, or western S. America. Neither is from
Africa.

Monique Reed
Biology Department
Texas A&M University

Well I wish I had known about tomatoes a week earlier. Somewhere I had
the impression they were from Asia or Africa.

Anyone tried putting a geological date on potato and tomato?

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium