Old 11-10-2007, 09:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Lawn care

On 10/10/07 23:30, in article ,
"Kroma" wrote:

I was thinking that the sponginess was due to the soil being fairly new and
not really walked upon. Would this not be the case?

Not that I know of - a lawn expert might tell you otherwise.

The lawn was watered extensively for the first few weeks without any sign of
distress, only after the second cut did anything untoward start to happen.

It's certainly possible you cut it too close but then why didn't the rest of
the lawn react the same way?

BTW, the area of the lawn is quite small - less than 20 square metres.

The builders could still have plonked spoil in one place OR you could have a
naturally boggy area there. Is it remotely possible there's some sort of
drain or pipe that's broken just under the surface there?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk