Old 11-10-2007, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Can I design something that will be useful while gardening?

, I, Marvo, say :

In article ,
David in Normandy writes:
In article . com,
says...

Sigh. Votive candles were beeswax. I was given one as part of my
confirmation, as a symbol, to keep. Roman catholics also burnt
candles in front of images of the BVM, if they could afford them.
A shepherd would clearly not have used beeswax candles for light,
but might well have had one or two, small, votive candles.

Read that as : Catholics burnt candles in front of images of the
BMW if they could afford them. Now, VM stands for Virgin Mary.
Does the B stands for Blue?

Blessed I think?

It's definitely Blessed, but I still don't understand the posting.
It's a little clearer since I noticed the BMW - which I had, of
course, read as the BVM I was expecting ....

Me too.

This is uber-OT, but does anyone know why there are so many BMWs with
personalised plates reading BWV followed by the model number of the BMW? Has
someone bought all the BMW plates as a job lot?

When I had a BMW many years ago it was a "quality" car. Now it is the reps'
favourite :-)