Old 11-10-2007, 09:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kroma Kroma is offline

Default Lawn care

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

It's beginning to sound as if there's something in the soil - chemical?,
mineral? - that's affecting that particular area, don't you think? I
wonder
if you could take some samples and get them analysed. Do any neighbours
have this problem? You don't have a dog that 'goes' in one area do you?
;-)

Whoops - sorry for the top posting - I'm normally very good about such
things but am obviously out of practice!

The soil (well, apart from the very deep layer of soil which was originally
beneath the stones and which we had to dig over) is new and all from the
same source. All of our neighbours seem to have tarmacked over their front
gardens to allow parking for multiple cars. We, on the other hand actually
use our garage and still have space on our driveway for another car so we
thought that we'd return our garden to the 'green' variety (although it's
more of a yellow)!

No dogs. Maybe I'll try to take a snap later on which should speak a
thousand words.

Kroma