Old 11-10-2007, 05:48 PM
topcat6 topcat6 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle[_3_] View Post
I have my bonsais and other plants in a sunroom. I have recurring mealy
bugs on several plants. What causes them to occur? I've cleaned them off
with alcohol before but they come back. There's a good bit of light in the
room. It's not in the room, actually it's on the cool side.
Thanks
Michelle
mealy bugs are sap suckers which coat themselves in a white cooton wool like substance, on stems and under leaves, mainly in hot comditions, you can easily remove them with a damp cloth or cotton bud but large numbers will need to be treated with a sysremic insectcide the temp has to be right.