Old 11-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Granity Granity is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char Kenny View Post
Hello fellow bird-lovers!

I have just moved from country Ireland to city England and am really disappointed by the lack of birds in my new garden. I am thinking about buying a bird house/feeder and some food. I visited the local garden centre and was overwhelmed by the amount of brands available.

To me, it seems like a choice between buying Tesco cornflakes and Kelloggs cornflakes but I'm a newbie to this. Can any of you share your thoughts on which brand is best to get and which brand I should avoid. Can the birds really tell a difference?

Thanks very much!
My feeders a standard metal mesh ones for peanuts, perspex ones with 6 feeders stations for grain and an open mesh one for fat balls. Mine hang from the lower branches of a blackthorn tree which gives them plenty of cover to queue up and wait while the bigger birds are on the feeders.

If you suffer from large birds using them then the ones with extra wires set away from the mesh would be better.