Old 11-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Helen R Helen R is offline
Registered User

Location: York, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Woodcock View Post
Thanks for all your replies. Dont think I will be throwing any water on my dog though!!

I dont have a large garden and there really is no other option than for her to go on the grass.

She will often go out unsupervised so I dont always know where she has gone.

I suppose I was looking for something that I could maybe put on the grass as either a treatment after the event or something that I could treat the grass with that would stop the discolouring in the first place.

I have heard about something that you can put in a dogs water that helps with this problem but I would rather treat the grass than the dog.

Mark
You can get a product called lawn rescue from pet shops, but you have to spray this onto the areas where the dog has urinated. Never used it so I don't know how effective it is and you also have the same problem as with watering the area if you don't know where she's been. May be worth a try though if you spray the areas as soon as they start to go brown.
You will probably have to resort to overseeding the patches as and when necessary.
Keeping the lawn well fertilised (and mown) will help even out the colour and aid recovery.
Helen

http://www.rolawn.co.uk