Old 11-10-2007, 04:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default Mid-October this year

It's been a mild October so far, the morning glories are going nuts
out there, I love the Heavenly Blue blossoms, and they last all day
with this damp drizzly weather we're having. The pineapple sage that
is usually nipped by the frost before it blossoms is blooming like mad
out there, so much so that my oblivious to flowers husband commented
on how nice they looked out there by the street. The Nicotiana
mutabilis are so tall this year, and so lovely still, the daturas are
still putting forth lovely white blossoms and the bees are enjoying
every minute of it.

I've been digging the new section of the garden, removing the
dandilions that multiplied out there - I let them go because they're
so inportant for the bees, but enough's enough, the ones in the veggie
garden have got to go. They can run rampant in the lawn ;-

The bulb order will be here soon, and I'll get the garlic in the
ground by the end of the month. Then everything will be tucked in
nicely for the winter nap. I do love the seasons and yes, even
winter. The Winter Solstice is my favorite solstice, it means the
return of the light. The cold, grey dullness of winter has to be
endured to get the soft renewal green of Spring.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts