Old 11-10-2007, 07:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
AlanG AlanG is offline

Default Leaf Mold, Do Tell..

I've been reading this thread with great interest, in particular the part
about alfalfa meal for the compost pile (embarrassed to say I've never heard
of this one,
and I was a nursery manager/buyer for 12 years in D.C.)

Question: are those of you who don't dig the soil or add materials
referring solely to edible plants/annuals/very tough perennials? Wouldn't
you dig the soil well and add
organic matter for shrubs, trees, and perennials, especially those which
require excellent drainage?