Old 11-10-2007, 07:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner[_2_] William Wagner[_2_] is offline

Default Leaf Mold, Do Tell..

In article ,
Janet Baraclough wrote:

The message

from William Wagner contains these words:

My son was at a house on Mykonos last week. . Photos are beautiful with
sea and sky but plant life is rare. I'd say desolate.

Do you mean Mykonos Greece? Greece and its islands have probably the
widest variety of native flora in Europe; but only visible for a short
season. People travel there in spring to see the fantastic natural
carpets of brilliantly coloured bulbs and annual wildflowers that erupt
from stony ground after the winter wet; it looks just like some medieval
painting of Paradise with cyclamen, poppies, cistus, daisies, crocus,
scillas. Everything goes quickly to seed as summer arrives then all the
foliage burns off and disappears again.

Just a tiny glimpse of it here

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/133...SE#commentForm

Janet..

I guess our images were after the short season. All I saw was white
sand.

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade