Old 11-10-2007, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Good Time to plant an Acer?

Klara wrote:

It is stripped the way something with claws would do it, and actually
mostly on one side, so there is a bit that is still intact. Is there
some sort of first aid I can apply, to try to salvage it? (It's a lovely
little tree, and, of course, an anniversary gift from our three
daughters....)

I would simply go with the chicken wire advice. Even when limbs
are removed, current thinking is not to paint anything on.

I has a similar experience, a few years ago, and the tree has
grown to have a healthy 6 inch trunk, and right now a mass of
golden leaves.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK