Old 11-10-2007, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_2_] Alan Holmes[_2_] is offline

Default Bird houses, feeders and food - which ones to buy?

"Graham Harrison" wrote in
message ...

"Char Kenny" wrote in message

Hello fellow bird-lovers!

I have just moved from country Ireland to city England and am really
disappointed by the lack of birds in my new garden. I am thinking about
buying a bird house/feeder and some food. I visited the local garden
centre and was overwhelmed by the amount of brands available.

To me, it seems like a choice between buying Tesco cornflakes and
Kelloggs cornflakes but I'm a newbie to this. Can any of you share your
thoughts on which brand is best to get and which brand I should avoid.
Can the birds really tell a difference?

Thanks very much!

--
Char Kenny

I use C J Wildbird food and/or Haiths both of whom provide me with good
service. As to what to buy when we lived in the Thames Valley squirrels
were a nuisance. You can adopt three methods of dealing with them (1)
ignore and just accept they will steal food (2) use "squirrel proof"
feeders but nothing is squirrel proof (3) feed the squirrels.

(4) catch and kill the treee rats!